Chicken & Chorizo Paella (GF)
A modern take on the classic seafood paella - perfect for a hearty family meal!Allergens: sulphites, celery
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 15 g fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 100 g chorizo chopped in cubes
- 3 chicken thighs diced into chunks, skin off, bone out (fillets will work too)
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 300 g risotto rice
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1 lemon wedges
- Peel and finely slice the garlic. Peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
- Add some oil to a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour.
- Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out, and adding a splash of water if needed.
- Season to your taste, then chop the parsley leaves, scatter over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side.