Caramel Popcorn (GF)
The ultimate Caramel Popcorn for a sweet movie night treat! This recipe is sure to leave you with a thin, crispy, even coating of caramel on every piece of popcorn!Allergens: milk
- 150 g popcorn kernels
- 226 g butter
- 200 g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Make popcorn, season with salt to taste and set aside in a heat resistant bowl. Line a baking tray with foil. Optional – spray metal spoon with cooking spray to avoid sticking later.
- Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add muscovado sugar and stir until combined.
- Continue stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes DO NOT STIR.
- Add vanilla at the 4-minute mark and continue to boil for 1 minute.
- Off the heat add the baking soda and give the mix a quick stir.
- Drizzle caramel over the popped popcorn, gently folding with a metal spoon for complete coverage.
- Pour the popcorn onto lined tray to cool.